David Liddle, founder of The TCM Group launches a practical guide to mediation and dispute resolution for HR Professionals and Business Leaders.
TCM launches new website.
The TCM Group has a new logo and a crisp new look. Watch this space for further developments. Please pass our details to your friends and colleagues
Monthly newsletter from TCM.
VOICE is published each monthly and contains news from TCM and the wider world of mediation and ADR.
The TCM Advantage
Not all mediation companies are the same. TCM offers a distinct advantage to our customers. We call this The TCM Advantage.
The TCM Advantage is based on three simple but unique beliefs which underpin all of our work:
- That the prevention of conflict is the most effective way of maintaining strong relationships.
- When conflict does occur, a resolution should be sought - speedily and constructively.
- That mediation transforms relationships. It builds more effective, more productive and more harmonious teams and workplaces.
Our ethos and values:
- Put simply, conflict is complex and challenging. We recognise that there are no simple answers, no quick fixes and there is definitely no magic wand.
- We recognise that the resolution of conflict through open dialogue and honest debate such as that achieved in mediation can lead to more sustainable relationships within workplaces and communities.
- We understand that working with conflict can be stressful and painful for all parties. We also recognise that coming to mediation can be a difficult decision. However, we believe that mediation, when applied sensitively and appropriately, can make a real difference to people’s lives by offering all parties the chance to work together to find a realistic and constructive resolution to their conflict.
- We are committed to the principle of consent and self-determination in mediation. Mediation does not seek to impose a resolution and, by working in a safe and constructive environment, parties often find a resolution that courts or other legal / quasi-legal approaches would be unable or unwilling to consider.
- We believe that most people have the necessary skills and attributes to manage conflict effectively. What is required however, is a clear framework, such as mediation, that people can utilise and adapt to their own circumstances.
- Finally, we firmly believe that... Mediation Works.
From our core mediation skills training for managers to the development of internal mediation schemes - Preventing conflict, Resolving disputes and Transforming relationships is at the heart of everything that we do.