United Response responds well to disciplinary investigations
The TCM Group has been commissioned to deliver its unrivalled investigation and note taking training to a worthwhile charity that cares for its community as well as its staff.
United Response, a national charity, provides a range of services for people with learning disabilities, mental health needs or physical disabilities. United Response has commissioned TCM to deliver a series of investigation skills training and investigation note-taking training.
As part of the training, TCM founder and director, David Liddle offered United Response a one-day Core Mediation Skills training to support their conflict management framework from the onset. The overall package will enable United Response to recognise and resolve conflict at its early stages before it escalates to a grievance/disciplinary level and even at this level, United Response will be well equipped with the skills necessary to facilitate an effective investigation.
A raft of new legislation requires all organisations to deal with grievance and disciplinary matters in a reasonable, timely and fair way. Central to this is access to skilled workplace investigators who can undertake an effective investigation.
TCM’s Practical Investigation Skills training is one of the UK’s leading programmes for internal investigators. The training is carefully tailored to meet the needs of the client and provides delegates with a well defined set of investigator skills and competencies.
Tried and tested workplace investigation skills
David Liddle and the TCM team are proud to be working with United Response. I asked David why this course is so important and he told me:
The TCM Group has extensive experience of tailoring and delivering investigations and training internal investigators. Over the past ten years, TCM has developed a repository of templates and materials to supplement the training delivery and to ensure that all trained investigators can hit the ground running once the course concludes.
The investigation training is run over the course of two days to enable sufficient time for participants to learn (and practice) how to prepare for, undertake and complete an effective investigation that can stand up to internal and external scrutiny.
The complementary one-day note taking course supports accurate and relevant data capture from interviews, disciplinary hearings and appeals. Through this training, TCM demonstrates the importance of advanced planning and familiarisation of cases and equips the participants in the skill of active listening and recording of relevant facts and evidence.
The TCM group’s Practical Investigation Skills Training ensures a thorough investigation and note taking process that can be confidently called upon by the employer for reference at a later date or by the courts for use during a legal process.
Notes to Editors
To find out more, call Tinu Fagbemi on 020 7092 3184
- The TCM Group is the UK's leading provider of workplace, business and consumer mediation services.
- The TCM group was established in 2001 by David Liddle.
- TCM celebrates its 10th birthday in June 2011. Over the past ten years the company has delivered a sophisticated package of mediation services to some of the world’s leading brands – American Airlines, HSBC, BT, Arcadia Group, CBS Outdoor, Hallmark, and the Ministry of Defence amongst many others.
- The company trains over 1000 individuals in the art of mediation each year. This includes HR professionals and business leaders plus other employees who are committed to improving the way that they resolve workplace and business disputes.
- The TCM Group regularly comments on mediation, dispute resolution and labour issues relations in the media including on Sky News, GMTV, BBC Radio and various trade press.
- In 1997, The TCM Group established the Professional Mediators Association (PMA) – a body dedicated to raising standards amongst professional mediators.