http://t.co/7nVcft7R55 - Five of the toughest workplace converations and expert advice on how to handle them.
http://t.co/fLwFeWmDNR Interesting research on behaviour of British office workers which will make you glad it's Friday. Happy weekend!
Natalie Breen, Group HR Manager, Care UK will be speaking about the launch of the scheme and how they process the referrals #NFHS2014
Mary Sampson Chelsea & Westminster Foundation Trust - how mediation fits with the hospitalâ€™s other workplace resolution strategies#NFHS2014
New Mediation Category for Personnel Today Awards
Personnel Today announces the introduction of a new category in the Personnel Today Awards 2011 - innovation in dispute resolution.
Personnel Today has announced the introduction of a new category in the Personnel Today Awards 2011 - innovation in dispute resolution.
The inclusion of the new category reflects the growing importance of dispute resolution as an HR issue and follows the Government's recent consultation on workplace disputes.
Speaking to Personnel Today last month, employment minister Edward Davey explained how mediation sits at the heart of the Government's proposed strategy to reform the way in which workplace disputes are handled.
By encouraging employers to enter into mediation where possible, the Government hopes to reduce the number of tribunals that take place, thus making the process less of a burden for employers.
The award for innovation in dispute resolution is sponsored by The TCM Group, a provider of workplace, business and consumer mediation services. The award recognises efforts taken by an HR team to develop and embed a system for resolving workplace disputes, grievances and complaints.
TCM founder and director David Liddle said: "As the UK's dispute resolution market leader for the past 10 years, we have borne witness to the toxic and costly effects of unresolved workplace conflict. However, for those organisations who have introduced an innovative approach to dispute resolution, including introducing a mediation scheme, I have observed a significant and positive impact for employees, managers, HR and the organisation as a whole. The TCM Group is therefore proud to have the opportunity to sponsor this new award."
Rob Moss, editor of Personnel Today, added:
"A trend for increasing numbers of employment tribunal claims and an appetite in government to reform the tribunal system has made this a key topic for HR professionals. By introducing this category we're giving practitioners the opportunity to demonstrate the creative ways in which they resolve and mitigate disputes in their organisations."
The Personnel Today Awards take place on 23 November 2011 at the Park Lane Hilton, London.
Closing date for entries: 24 June 2011.
Please click here to read the full story on Personnel Today's website.
Notes to Editors
To find out more, call Tinu Fagbemi on 020 7092 3184
- The TCM Group is the UK's leading provider of workplace, business and consumer mediation services.
- The TCM group was established in 2001 by its founder David Liddle
- TCM celebrates its 10th birthday in June 2011. Over the past ten years the company has delivered a sophisticated package of mediation services to some of the world’s leading brands – American Airlines, HSBC, BT, Arcadia Group, CBS Outdoor, Hallmark, and Ministry of Defence amongst many others.
- The company trains over 1000 individuals in the art of mediation each year. This includes HR professionals and business leaders plus other employees who are committed to improving the way that they resolve workplace and business disputes.
- The TCM Group regularly comments on mediation, dispute resolution and labour issues relations in the media including Sky News, GMTV, BBC Radio and various trade press.
- In 1997, The TCM Group established the Professional Mediators Association (PMA) – a body dedicated to raising standards amongst professional mediators