Latest from Twitter
Mediation working hard for the public sector
There’s never been a better time to set up an internal mediation scheme.
by Panos Papakostis | 14th Mar 2012
There’s never been a better time to set up an internal mediation scheme
Mediation works! Reduce stress, save money, increase productivity.For the past 11 years, the mediation experts at The TCM Group have been working with numerous public sector organisations to set up internal mediation schemes and train mediators.
The London Borough of Newham is one of the latest additions to a long list of public bodies partnering with The TCM Group to embed mediation into the heart of their dispute resolution policies. The London Borough of Newham, home to the youngest and most diverse population in London, approached TCM in order to develop a working culture where conflicts are managed positively and resolved constructively and to build on its commitment towards creating an environment where people are able to work with dignity and respect.
David Liddle, TCM’s Founder & Managing Director, commented:
"Building on our extensive partnerships with the public sector, we are delighted to have been invited to set up a mediation scheme within the London Borough of Newham. "
Mediation can be delivered in three ways:
- External, professional mediators. External mediators from TCM tend to work in more complex cases or where the dispute involves multiple parties. TCM delivers industry leading external mediation services accredited by the Professional Mediators’ Association (PMA).
- Internal mediators. This is an increasingly popular method of delivering mediation. A team of mediators is selected and trained to an accredited standard. Internal mediators are available to resolve disputes on an as and when basis. TCM has extensive experience of training and accredited in-house workplace mediators within the public sector.
- Managers and leaders working as mediators. The old adage that ‘a stitch in time saves nine’ is particularly true in dispute resolution. TCM trains managers and leaders (usually over one day) to spot, prevent and resolve disputes.
- Outcomes agreed at mediation tend to be highly sustainable and long lasting.
- Reduced volume of grievances requiring investigation or formal action. Saving time and money to cash strapped public sector organisations.
- Reduced stress and stress related absence. The impact of stress and stress related absence can’t be overlooked. Mediation offers an effective way to resolve issues before absence or for reintegrating employees after a period of absence.
Time and time again, mediation has stood up to scrutiny and delivered real benefits in reducing stress, increasing productivity and saving the money that would have been spent on costly tribunals. Mediation Works!
With the Coalition Government’s growing focus on the use of mediation, alongside the approach of the new financial year, there has never been a better time to invest in mediation. This letter is an opportunity for me to tell you about our world class mediation services:
- Set up a fully integrated workplace mediation scheme for under £16,000.
- You could secure a 100% return on investment, if just one case is resolved avoiding a costly and damaging ET.
- Over 90% of workplace disputes are resolved in just one day.
We are offering 20% discount off all our mediation services and training courses before the 31st of March 2012 (please mention this letter when booking). We are also offering 20% off the cost of setting up an internal mediation scheme including fully accredited training for a team of internal mediators. Price match: if you already use mediation services, we will price match your existing mediation and training provider to make sure you get the best deal.
Don’t just take our word for it.
"The TCM Group was invited to train mediators as part of setting up a mediation scheme for Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust. The accredited mediation training is an excellent and varied course that holds your interest and attention all the way through. TCM trainers also provide outstanding support and guidance at all stages of learning to be a workplace mediator. "
Sujita Patel, Hammersmith Hospital NHS Trust
The TCM Group has worked with numerous public bodies, Whitehall Departments and charities. To date, these have included Ofcom, DWP, Home Office, Cabinet Office, numerous local authorities, NHS Trusts, Police forces and Police Authorities and Universities. Plus, we have set up mediation schemes within major national and international bodies including the UN, Local Government Employers and The British Medical Association.
If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0800 294 97 87. Any calls are made without any obligation and naturally, they will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Notes to editors
Notes to editors
- TCM is a leading provider of workplace, employment, business and consumer mediation services. They work with organisations across the UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to develop constructive, effective and sustainable remedies for conflicts and disputes.
- Download TCM’s 2012 Training Guide by clicking here
- The company trains over 1000 individuals in the art of mediation each year. This includes HR professionals, business leaders and other employees who are committed to improving the way that they resolve workplace and business disputes.
- TCM delivers mediation services to an unrivalled list of some of the world’s leading brands, including Lloyds Banking Group, BT, The Arcadia Group, Marks & Spencer, Vodafone, HSBC and The Co-operative.
- David Liddle, founder and director of the TCM Group, regularly comments on mediation, dispute resolution and labour relations issues in the media including Sky News, BBC News 24, Daybreak, BBC Radio and various trade press.
- TCM has created and sponsors the first UK award for Innovation in Dispute Resolution in conjunction with Personnel Today.
- For press and media enquiries, please contact Panos Papakostis on 020 7404 3195 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
» Law Society Back TCM Model Resolution Policy
8th May 2013» Delegates get engaged at TCM’s new one day course
3rd May 2013» TCM fight toxic conflict at CIPD HRD 2013
26th Apr 2013» National Mediation Awards 2013
4th Apr 2013» TCM Launch Model Resolution Policy
27th Mar 2013
» The TCM Group at Executive Grapevine 2013
27th Mar 2013» TCM Launch Quick Reference Course Guide
3rd Oct 2012» David Liddle in CIPD podcast on Beecroft Report
12th Sep 2012» Mediation? Now you're talking
11th Sep 2012» TCM sponsors major ESRC funded research series
24th Aug 2012» Mediation in the NHS - ground breaking report published
24th Aug 2012» The story of TCM
22nd Aug 2012» Collaborative Justice Institute
18th Aug 2012» TCM features in Customer First Case Study
16th Aug 2012» From argument to engagement
25th Jul 2012» Ministry of Justice Latest Announcement puts Mediation at the Forefront of Dispute Resolution
19th Jul 2012