You still have time to register for this afternoon's free webinar on 'Making Mediation a Strategic Priority': https://t.co/J94cbA8gXM
The TCM Group have been hosting The National Forum for Mediation in Higher Education at The University of London: http://t.co/EO85JYNyA8
2012 National Mediation Awards Announced
UK mediators urged to apply for 6 exciting award categories
Launch of awards coincides with growing trend towards use of mediation
Introducing the National Mediation Awards 2012Today, the Professional Mediators’ Association (PMA) announces the launch of the inaugural National Mediation Awards. The awards have been launched to raise the profile of mediation and to celebrate the outstanding contribution that mediators are making to their organisations and to the UK economy.
We are delighted to confirm that the 2012 National Mediation awards awards are being sponsored by Ask Grapevine HR
Increasing numbers of UK businesses, public bodies and Whitehall Departments are now using mediation to resolve challenging and ongoing workplace, employment and consumer disputes.
Mediation is becoming a credible tool for resolving workplace disputes
The mediation profession is reaching a level of maturity as this innovative approach for resolving disputes gains credibility and recognition. Mediation is now becoming an important business activity delivering incredible benefits for companies and their employees. The benefits of mediation reported by many business leaders include reduced costs, reduced threat of court action plus a happier and more motivated workforce.
David Liddle, President of the PMA, commented at the launch of the National Mediation Awards:
The six award categories are:
- In-house mediation scheme of the year
- In-house mediator of the year
- In-house mediation scheme co-ordinator of the year
- Independent mediator of the year
- Best newcomer to mediation
- President’s award for overall mediation best practice
What is mediation?
How to make a nomination
Nominations close on July 31st 2012.
The winners will be announced at the PMA’s annual general meeting and awards ceremony to be held in Central London on 27th September 2012.
Notes to editors
- Click here for a pdf version of this news release
- The Professional Mediators' Association exists to promote excellence in all aspects of business, workplace, employment and consumer mediation.
- Visit www.professionalmediator.org for more information and to download a membership pack.
- Nomination forms can also be found here: http://www.professionalmediator.org/event-list.php
- For press and media enquiries, or to arrange an interview, please contact David Liddle on 020 7092 3184 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org