This ground breaking white paper provides tools and hints to help you transform dispute resolution at work:
…A free conflict heath check.
…Build a business case for mediation.
…Create a grievance resolution policy.
…Set up an internal mediation scheme.
Mediation Works! has been written by TCM's founder and director - David Liddle.
Conflict MOT and Mediation Impact Assessment
Are you concerned about the impact of conflict?
Total Conflict Management has developed a unique Conflict MOT™ which examines the nature of dispute resolution across your organisation. The Conflict MOT includes an examination of the level and impact of bullying & harassment; grievances; discrimination, customer complaints and litigation; team conflict and conflict with your suppliers.
What we do and how we do it
Using our tried and tested Conflict MOT, we examine your current dispute resolution systems and their overall effectiveness. We also assess the 4 Cs of conflict in your organisation:
Following the Conflict MOT
Firstly, we produce a detailed report including clear recommendations for action. These recommendations will help you as you develop your dispute resolution system. Our report will also provide a useful report in terms of your adherence to the requirements of the Employment Act 2008. Next, we will then deliver a half day conflict workshop to everyone involved in the MOT to feedback our findings.
The outcome of the Conflict MOT will be a bespoke and highly effective dispute resolution strategy for your business or organisation.
A thorough analysis of your companies existing dispute resolution systems.
The TCM Conflict MOT™ offers best practice in quantitative and qualitative research methods. The TCM Conflict MOT™ utilises one, some or all of the following research methods:
- Desk top analysis of existing data (useful for identifying trends and patterns of conflict)
- Analysis of existing policies and procedures in place (Using our innovative Conflict Traffic Light Inventory CTLI)
- Focus groups with key stakeholders
- Observational research.
- Semi structured interviews with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Online and web based discussions and research
The causes and antecedents of conflict identified during your Conflict MOT™
Using our tried and tested Conflict MOT™, we will assess the the antecedents, the causes, the effects, the impact and the costs of conflict across your organisation. We will also explore current dispute resolution mechanisms and their overall effectiveness
Real change to the way that you manage conflict
Our unique conflict MOT™ is just the start. Our MOT will provide high quality data enabling you to take robust management decisions about how to implement and embed your dispute resolution system. We will provide you with data which explores the relationship between conflict and the following 7 areas:
- Structural factors and the way that your teams and groups inter connect
- Functional factors including your staff review, appraisal and reward programmes
- Cultural factors within your company including the customs and practises of your teams
- Leadership factors and the impact of your management decisions
- Factors arising from the management of change
- Political, Economic, Sociological and Technical (PEST) factors
- Psycho dynamic (interpersonal) factors
Naturally, you are entirely free to use the data that we provide to you in any way that you wish. However, if you decide that you want to proceed to set up an in internal dispute resolution system, TCM is available to offer our advice, expertise and ongoing support.
An inclusive approachOur Conflict MOT™ is an inclusive process. Our facilitators are skilled at building rapport and gathering sensitive data. We will not attribute what is said to us to by any one person or group and we are always careful how we use the information provided to us.
During the MOT, we recommend the involvement of the following stakeholders:
- HR and personnel directors, managers, officers and BPs
- Directors and senior executives
- Trade union and staff side representatives
- Senior managers and leaders
- Middle managers and supervisors
- Occupational health and internal counsellors
- In company lawyers and counsel
- Diversity and equality groups
- Harassment contact officers
A trusted partner and a critical friend
That's how we sum up our approach. We know that conflict and disputes can be challenging and even embarrassing. We may ask tough questions and we will make realistic recommendations - however, rest assured that we do so with your best interests in mind.
When you commission us to deliver our conflict MOT, it may develop into a longer term relationship - we take that seriously and we want you, your managers, your employees and other stakeholders to view us as credible and as being part of your dispute resolution team
Want to find out more? Contact us for an informal and confidential discussion.
HR as Mediator and Peacemaker, July 2012