This ground breaking white paper provides tools and hints to help you transform dispute resolution at work:
…A free conflict heath check.
…Build a business case for mediation.
…Create a grievance resolution policy.
…Set up an internal mediation scheme.
Mediation Works! has been written by TCM's founder and director - David Liddle.
Introducing TCM's team mediation services
At TCM, we successfully mediate in teams ranging from three to thirty plus employees. We resolve complex and seemingly intractable team and group disputes and we help teams during periods of transition and uncertainty. Our team mediators are highly trained and experienced in:
- Managing complex inter and intra group dynamics.
- Advanced facilitation, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Non-violent communication (NVC) and appreciative inquiry (AI)
- Strategic change management.
An area of expertise from TCM
Team mediation is a specialist and advanced area of expertise. We have been providing mediators in team disputes for over ten years and our team mediators are highly skilled at engaging the parties into the process; spotting problems before they occur and resolving problems quickly when they do.
Team mediation provides all parties with the opportunity to reach a positive, appropriate and sustainable resolution. It is a truly transformative process and the feedback that we receive from our clients tells its own story.
Mediation - restoring strong, harmonious teams
The impact of unresolved conflict can be highly detrimental to individual effectiveness and the overall performance of the team. The main purpose of team mediation is to restore effective, productive and harmonious working relations within the team. During team mediation the mediators will work with everyone involved to explore the underlying issues and team members needs, goals and expectations.
Mediation provides all parties with the opportunity to reach a positive, appropriate and sustainable resolution to the conflict The benefits of mediation in teams can be far reaching and some times surprising
- Reduced stress and stress related absence.
- Increased morale, wellbeing and general attitude to work.
- Enhanced productivity, performance and profitability.
- Enhanced reputation for the team and your company.
Don't just take our word for it...
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and we will gladly provide you with testimonials and references from some of our very satisfied customers.
The four key stages of team mediation:
- Agreeing the terms of reference and undertaking rigorous preparation.
- Initial separate meetings with all parties.
- The team mediation (see below)
- Follow up and evaluation for a period of 12 months.
In some cases, we may identify specific points of conflict between two or three individuals. In these cases, we are able to offer workplace mediation as required outside of the whole team approach.
The team mediation day
The day is carefully structured to ensure that all team members can participate fully, discuss their need and agree a mutually acceptable resolution. The aims of the day may include:
- To discuss and explore the nature of the conflict and the dynamics of the team relationships
- For all team members to express the impact of the conflict on them and the wider team.
- To consider team members conflict management styles using the highly effective Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- To engage all parties in a process of inclusive discussion and decision making
- To provide a safe and controlled forum for views and opinions to be exchanged
- To examine a range of alternative working practices
- To enhance effective working relationships and challenge infective and dysfunctional working practices.
- To develop a robust and sustainable framework to enable co-operative and productive team working.
Please note that any action plans, team charters of final outcomes will be typed up and distributed to all parties by way of a final report.
We also provide team mediation training.
We keep it simple
Please contact us on 0800 294 97 87 or click here. We have a team of highly trained dispute resolution professionals ready to provide the support that you require. We provide everything that you require to set the mediation up and to ensure that it is well managed from start to finish.
Taking the tension out team conflicts
Contact us now for a no obligation, free and confidential discussion and to find out how TCM can help you to take the tension out of your team.