Terms & Conditions (OAT and Public Courses)
Training courses, seminars, events, conferences and taster workshops.
Thank you for booking a course, event or briefing from The TCM Group. The following terms and conditions apply to all training courses, briefings, seminars, events, webinars, conferences and taster workshops; herein referred to as ‘courses’. The terms ‘delegate’ refers to someone who books onto any of TCM courses.
1. Making a booking
Completing the booking form on our website does not constitute a firm booking unless payment is received at the time of booking. Once you have completed the booking form, you will receive an auto response; this confirms receipt of the booking. A firm booking is only made once the booking has been approved/invoiced and either a deposit or full payment made.
2. Cancellations and transfers - by TCM
On rare occasions, TCM may have to cancel a course due to the required number of delegates not being reached, or other factors beyond our control. In such an event, a full refund or a booking on an alternative course will be offered. This happens very rarely and we will provide delegates with as much notice as possible.
3. Cancellation and transfers - by delegates
From time to time, delegate’s circumstances change and a cancellation or transfer in such cases is inevitable.
We respectfully ask for as much notice as possible of cancellations or transfers. TCM aims to be flexible to support delegates in these cases. However, in the event that we are advised with less than 30 working days notice of a cancellation or transfer, a fee will be applied. Please see the schedule below:
- If a delegate cancels or transfers a booking 30 working days or more prior to a course commencing, the fee will be waived.
- If a delegate cancels or transfers a booking 29 working days or less prior to the course commencing, a fee of 25% of the course fee will be charged.
- If a delegate cancels or transfers a booking 20 working days or less prior to the course commencing, a fee of 50% of the course fee will be charged.
- If a delegate cancels or transfers a booking 10 working days or less prior to the course commencing, a fee of 100% of the course fees will be charged.
- For free events, TCM reserves the right to charge a £95 cancellation fee for non-attendance.
- A delegate may only transfer a course booking once.
If a delegate is unable to attend a course, a colleague may be substituted to attend in his/her place. TCM requires as much notice as possible and must be given written details of the substitute.
4. Free Events, workshop, webinars and seminars
TCM holds regular briefings, seminars, webinars conferences and taster workshops. We may market these as free of charge at our discretion.
- Where these events are marketed as being free of charge, the term free of charge applies to potential customers and prospects of TCM only. It does not apply to sole traders, consultants or competitors. In these cases, TCM reserves the right to charge a £95 fee for attendance. TCM reserves the right, up to and during an event, to define a delegate as a consultant or competitor. In these cases, a fee of £95 plus vat per event will be made.
- Due to space constraints and due to the overwhelming interest in our free events; we limit the bookings to two employees per company and limit attendance to two free events per individual.
5. Discounts, Fees and payments
All course fees must be paid in full prior to course commencement. Deposits or payment plans can be agreed on a case by case basis. If you require a payment plan to be set up, please advise us at the time of booking. Payment plans are subject to a small administration charge. To take advantage of the "Early booking" discount, payment will need to be made a week after the invoice has been generated. After this, the discount becomes invalid. Any other promotional discount run in conjunction with the early bird discount will be valid till the end of the promotional period. . After this, the discount becomes invalid. This will be stipulated on the invoice
All fees and charges are subject to VAT at the current rate.
6. Intellectual property and copyright
All material provided at TCM training courses, whether in hardcopy or electronic form is the property of TCM. Copyright and other intellectual property laws protect these materials.
Reproduction or retransmission of the materials, in whole or part, in any manner, or commercial use of the materials without the prior written consent of the copyright holder, is a violation of copyright law.
7. Equality and accountability
TCM is committed to providing all of its services in a manner which is accessible and fair. We have a formal equality and diversity policy which is regularly reviewed and developed. Delegates should inform TCM in advance of the date for the course of any specific needs, including dietary requirements.
8. Force majeure
Neither Party shall be responsible for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations due to any force majeure event including; Act of God, Government act, fire, explosion, flooding, embargo, terrorism, civil disturbance, accident, strike, industrial dispute, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of either Party.