Managing Difficult Conversations, December 2011
National Forum for Mediation in Higher Education
Explore the nature and benefits of mediation in higher education
This one day forum will explore the issues and trends facing today's Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The forum will also look at best practice in dispute resolution and will allow for shared experiences and networking opportunities.
The forum will be chaired by David Liddle, President of the PMA and will be run at The UK Mediation Academy in Hatton Garden, central London.
The National Forum enables HEI managers, HR professionals and Student Liaison Officers to explore the nature and benefits of mediation and share their experiences, and will include the following:
- Guest speakers from leading UK universities including Jill White from Surrey University and Dr Nick McGuire from Southampton University
- The latest issues facing the sector
- Techniques and best practice for handling disputes across campus
- Networking opportunities to meet other HEI professionals
10.30 Welcome and introduction - David Liddle, The PMA
10:50 Mediation in Action - Jill White, University of Surrey
11.35 Mediation Across the Sector (discussion groups)- Clare Ramos, The TCM Group
13.25 Mediation - Mechanisms of Change (workshop) - Dr Nick Maguire, University of Southampton
14:45 Final words - David Liddle, The PMA
All those involved in higher education.
- Terms and Conditions: The term free of charge does not apply to sole traders, consultants or competitors. In these cases, TCM reserves the right to charge a £95 fee for attendance. TCM reserves the right, up to and during an event, to define a delegate as (or potential) a consultant or competitor. In these cases, a fee of £95 plus vat per event will be made.
In- House Enquiry